Downtown Business Development Coordinator
The Business Development Coordinator is responsible for all duties relating to the development, conduct, execution and documentation of the Downtown Partners business support program.
The goal of this position is to assist in attracting and retaining businesses in downtown Sioux City. This person is the front-line contact, requiring written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with business owners and the community with confidence. The ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, and assist others is essential as part of the organizations team dedicated to making downtown successful. We are responsible for creating a positive impression for our members, visitors and guests as well as exercising the highest professional standards in representing the organization.
This is a 40 hour per week position with a pay grade of $15-$18 per hour, based on experience, plus benefits. Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 PM on Friday, May 1, 2020.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working with local businesses to attract, expand, retain, organize and develop a business plan to create growth in the downtown district.
- Implement a call program each year with the existing businesses in Downtown to gauge the business climate and look for threats and opportunities.
- Supporting the executive director in the delivery of business support services, including maintaining and updating data for the recommended market opportunity profile, connecting small business prospects to counseling resources and offering best space options for new businesses.
- Collect and disseminate information resources expected for the “city-building portal”, including listings of downtown housing, employment opportunities, educational options, etc.
- Developing content for Downtown Partners website and e-news, plus managing social media platforms in partnership with contracted marketing services.
- Becoming involved in Sioux City’s innovation network through fostering ongoing relationships with organizations and individuals connected to appropriate groups.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to operate a personal computer using standard or customized software applications.
- Able to endure physical labor required for events, possible set up and take down equipment, pushing, pulling, reaching, walking, squatting and working during events.
- Able to perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under pressure of deadlines.
- Represent Downtown positively, professionally, courteously and ethically.
- Takes on new tasks to achieve the missions of Downtown Partners.
- Build positive internal and external relationships.
- Show sensitivity and respect for the cultural diversity of members, staff and other community leaders and groups.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding personnel and organizational information.